The 2018 edition of the Keenest of the Keen Tennis Festival was hosted at St Benedict’s College on 2 – 3 June 2018. This tennis festival is a Bennies initiative and is suitable for those under 13 tennis players who are not in their respective school’s first team. St Peter’s, St John’s, Louw Geldenhuys, Redhill, Beaulieu and St Columba’s accepted our invitation to take part.
The matches were played purely on a “festival basis” and all participants and managers received a Bennies 60th Year mug as a festival gift in celebration of this milestone.
The boys enjoyed representing Bennies and absolutely loved being the host school.
- Bennies 1 (Marciano Teixeira, Judah Townsend, Thomas Wilke and Ethan Uys):
- Beat Beaulieu (31-5), Redhill (56-16), Louw Geldenhuys 2 (28-8) and lost against Louw Geldenhuys 1 (19-17).
- Bennies 2 (Joshua Perry, Nicolas De Keizer, Connor Odgers and Jaryd Cameron-Gunn):
- Beat St Columba’s (22-6), St Peter’s (43-29), St John’s (21-7), drew against Louw
- Geldenhuys 2 (14-all) and lost against Louw Geldenhuys 1 (16-12).
The Fast 4 Singles Tiebreaker winners were:
- Number 1s: Joshua Perry (St Benedict’s)
- Number 2s: Judah Townsend (St Benedict’s)
- Number 3s: Luke Crase (St Columba’s)
- Number 4s: Lucas Kruger (Louw Geldenhuys)
The Fast 4 Doubles winners were:
- Couple Number 1s: Joshua Perry and Connor Odgers (St Benedict’s), Marciano Teixeira and Judah Townsend (St Benedict’s) and Philip Joubert and Harry Gardner (Louw Geldenhuys). All three couples ended up on 38 points.
- Couple Number 2s: Thomas Wilke and Ethan Uys (St Benedict’s).
The 2018 Keenest of the Keen Tennis Festival was a wonderful experience for all of the participating tennis players. Tennis ties were strengthened and everyone as always enjoyed themselves.