Alexia Damianou, Owner and Chef at Lemoni on Park, Bedfordview, shares recipes for their famous Choc chip cookies and Nutty date balls.
Choc chip cookies
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda.
1 tsp salt.
135g brown sugar.
2 Tbsp golden syrup/honey.
104g granulated sugar.
150g chocolate chips/discs/dark chocolate.
170g butter at room temperature.
1. Mix the sugar and syrup until it forms a crumbly mix.
2. Beat the butter until very smooth.
3. Add your crumbly sugar mix and beat for five minutes.
4. Add the egg.
5. Add flour mix.
6. Add choc chips (mix in) and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
7. Roll into balls and bake at 165°C for 20 minutes.
Nutty date balls
1 cup toasted walnuts.
1 cup toasted almond flakes.
3 Tbsp of honey.
10-15 pitted dates.
1 Tbsp of vanilla essence.
1/4 tsp of salt.
1 cup of almond nibs or desiccated coconut for coating.
1. Blend the walnuts and almond flakes together until it reaches a coarse ’sand’ texture.
2. Add the dates, honey, cinnamon and salt.
3. Blend until a paste forms.
4. Roll into golf-sized balls and coat in almond nibs or coconut.
5. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.