22 March is World Water Day 2020 and this year’s theme according to worldwaterday.org is ‘water and climate change’ – the focus is on how the two are inextricably linked.
Adapting to the water effects of climate change will protect health and save lives. Using water more efficiently will reduce greenhouse gases. We cannot afford to wait. Everyone has a role to play.
Here are some effective ways to save water:
– Limit your shower time.
– Don’t leave the tap running while brushing your teeth and shaving.
– Use a glass to rinse instead of running water when brushing your teeth.
– Fix any water leaks.
– Put a plastic bottle in your toilet tank.
– Water your garden sparingly and only when the sun is down. Rather buy succulents and water-wise plants.
– Water your plants with recycled water.
– Only wash full loads of clothes and dishes.
– Wash your car using a bucket.