The Commonwealth Secretary-General will launch the 2020 Commonwealth Youth Awards for Excellence in Development Work on August 28. Are you a young change maker that fits the below criteria? Do not miss out on the opportunity to nominate yourself or a youth leader working on achieving the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in your community.
Nominees must be:
– Aged 15 to 29 years.
– A citizen of a Commonwealth member country.
– Been engaged in development work for more than 12 months – either in a professional or voluntary capacity.
– Have a strong track record of implementing innovative ideas and linking their development work and its impact to one of the 17 SDGs.
– Have demonstrated an understanding of the importance of youth engagement in key areas of development.
– Entrants can nominate themselves or be nominated by someone who is not a relative and who can testify to their work.
The 2020 finalists will receive a trophy, a certificate and cash grants to help them continue their development work. All finalists will be awarded £1,000. Each selected regional winner will receive an additional £2,000, bringing their total win to £3,000. The Commonwealth Young Person of the Year will also receive an additional cash grant of £2,000, bringing her/his total award to £5,000.
Connect with the Commonwealth on social media by using #CYA, #CommonwealthYouth and #Commonwealth.