The boardroom project kicked off on 7 July 2020 and was completed in time for the launch, which took place on Mandela Day, 18 July 2020. The project saw the Bedfordview Community Policing Forum (BCPF), together with members of the South African Police Services (SAPS) and their valued sponsors, convert an old building at the Bedfordview Police Station into a new boardroom facility.
The venue will be aptly known as the Mandela Boardroom and will be used by both SAPS and the BCPF. Essential to the success of the project has been the input and support of Col. Justus Geustyn, Station Commander of Bedfordview Police Station, together with the advice and assistance of Captain Andre De Jager and Captain Karl Nimb.
Making the project a success would not have been possible without those that contributed and the generosity of sponsors from the local community, namely:
- Bestfence (Dean Smith – 083 646 3082): new front fence for the Bedfordview Police Station.
- Jurgens Bekker Attorneys (Jurgens – 083 294 9995): shade nets for the carports, labour and materials for the boardroom, boardroom furniture, a braai donated for the boardroom, bottled water for the launch function, branded masks, pens and lanyards.
- Big Dog Ceilings and Partitioning (Mario Bianco – 083 233 9646): ceilings and partitioning.
- Khubenker (Ben Tricoli – 071 453 1517): electric cabling, wiring, lights and fittings and labour.
- Union Tiles (Marco/Nelly- 011 663 2000): tiles, adhesive and materials.
- Tamasa Contractors (John – 074 409 7752): building materials in addition to taking on the role of builder and project manager, delivering the project successfully and on time.
- RAG – Residents Action Group (Mark – 071 344 2975): alarm system – Rhino 816 -including mobile app together with ongoing monthly monitoring.
- Tile, marble and tiling (Robbie Domenichelo – 083 303 3039): roof tiling and waterproofing.
- Build-It Bedfordview (Franco): paint.
- Hyper Paint (Mario – 084 773 2819): paint.
- RAG (Better Bedfordview): site clean-up.
- WK Engineering (Wilco Kovago – 083 645 7976): cash donation for front door and locks.
- Bedfordview Spar (Jose – 011 450 1474): food and beverages for the launch function.
- KAT Whiskers Bakery (Katherine Boerner- 064 534 7921): Crunchy Bites as dessert for the launch function.
Finishing touches are still required and the BCPF calls on the community to assist with the furnishing and equipping of the facility. The following, inter alia, is required: table and chairs, computer, audiovisual equipment (screen and data projector), TV, flip chart, whiteboard, microwave, fridge and consumables to ensure that it becomes a valuable tool for use by the SAPS and BCPF. Please contact Alison at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tyrone at email@example.com should you be in a position to assist with the completion of this project.