Bedfordview-based Yan Health shares their recipe for vegan lentil, sweet potato and chickpea stew – a delicious hearty and healthy recipe to help get your through winter.
– 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling.
– 3 French shallots, thinly sliced.
– 1 Tbsp finely chopped rosemary sprigs.
– 1 medium sweet potato, chopped into 3cm pieces.
– 1 cup French green lentils.
– 750ml vegetable stock.
– 1 tin of chickpeas, well-drained and rinsed.
– Baby spinach, to serve.
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots and rosemary sprigs and cook for around 3-4 minutes to soften. Add the sweet potato and cook for a further minute. Add the lentils, the stock and enough water to submerge the vegetables by 3-4 cm.
2. Simmer on medium-low heat for around 35-40 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft and the lentils are cooked. Add the chickpeas in the last 10 minutes. Season to taste.
3. Transfer to a large serving bowl and top with plenty of baby spinach and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Serves six.
011 616 6338