These chewy melt-in-your-mouth cookies – recipe courtesy of Kaylee’s Healthy Eatery in Bedfordview – are quick and easy to make and have a deliciously unique flavour with the addition of tahini.
– 200 grams of flour.
– 1.5 teaspoon flour.
– ½ teaspoon salt.
– 120 grams of vegan butter.
– 1 cup unrefined sugar.
– 2 TB cornstarch + ¼ cup oat milk.
– ½ TB vanilla.
– ½ cup tahini
– ¼ cup black or white sesame seeds.
– Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius and grease a baking tray.
– Sift the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
– In an electric mixer bowl, add butter, sugar, cornstarch, milk mixture and vanilla. Using the paddle attachment, mix at high speed for 2-3 minutes.
– Add tahini and beat for another minute on low speed. Add flour mix and mix for a few seconds until everything is well combined.
– Cover and place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes until chilled.
– Roll the chilled dough (about 2 tablespoons) into a ball, toss in seeds and press lightly into the greased pan.
– Bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown.
– Allow the cookies to cool completely before eating.
011 524 7603