Kaylee’s Eatery, located in Bedfordview, shares a simple recipe for vegan fig cookies using delicious and wholesome ingredients to nourish your cookie craving. These are perfect for enjoying with a hot cup of tea or coffee.
– 280 grams all-purpose flour.
– 30 grams almond flour.
– 1/2 teaspoon salt.
– 6 Tablespoons melted coconut oil.
– 225 grams maple syrup.
– 2 cups dried figs.
– 1.5 cups of apple juice.
– 1 Tablespoon vanilla essence.
– 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Method for the dough:
– Sift all-purpose flour and almond flour. Set aside.
– In another bowl, whisk syrup, coconut oil and salt.
– Add wet mix to dry and mix until just combined.
– Divide dough in half and flatten into two discs in glad wrap. Set aside in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
Method for the filling:
– In a saucepan, combine all ingredients and bring the liquid to a simmer for 5-10 minutes.
– Remove figs from liquid and set aside.
– In a food processor, puree fig and slowly add liquid (enough to make a spreadable filling). - Place in the fridge to cool.
To construct the cookies:
– Roll out dough on parchment paper to resemble a triangle that is about 3mm thick.
– Spread filling evenly and tightly roll.
– Place cookies in the freezer for 20-30 minutes until hard.
– Using a bread knife, slice cookies into 3mm rounds.
– Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden.
011 524 7603